Monday, November 21, 2011

Netflix Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (NFLX)

NFLX Stock | Netflix Stock Hits New 52-Week Low (NFLX) - TheStreet

After a few months of missteps alienating subscribers Netflix stock hit a 52-week low today. I have been a Netflix subscriber since January of 2000, far longer than most. When the controversy ensued I knew that if Netflix "did wrong" the market would punish them soon enough. The tale has now been told in terms of stock price and subscriber loss.

Netflix has made many changes since 2000. When streaming first became available, it was bonus value at almost no extra cost. I only needed to pay the price of the Roku box to get unlimited streaming to my TV. I jumped on the offer immediately. It looked like a great deal and it was. Even with all the changes and turmoil I still think so.

Yes, I do get frustrated that Netflix does not offer more new titles, or even better old ones. But is Netflix still the best value in the streaming video business? You bet. I've looked at other services and none of them come close in terms of Netflix's vast library at a reasonable price. If I ever do find a better deal, I'll dump Netflix in a second. That's how the market works. But not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to the hand...