Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Glenn Beck's interview with Newt Gingrich

Glenn Beck has posted his hard-hitting interview with Newt Gingrich that has everyone abuzz. It is true that Newt has some positions that conservatives find problematic.

Beck asks whether Gingrich supports subsidies. Gingrich answers, "It depends on what you're subsidizing."

I agree with Beck's assessment of Newt as a progressive-type conservative, but my critique of Gingrich has to be tempered by two factors:

1) Is Newt better or worse than Obama?
2) Is Newt better or worse than Romney?

For my part, the answer to both questions is "better." I wold love to have Bachmann or Santorum as the nominee, but it ain't happening. I try to live in the real world, not in the world as I wish it were.

At least Newt understands the prevailing anti-government sentiment now gripping the nation. I pray that the Beck interview has some lasting impact on Newt's psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to the hand...