Monday, December 12, 2011

Rightist Feud: Glenn Beck; Breitbart; Tea Party

Breitbart alleges that Glenn Beck calls the Tea Party racist because of its growing support of Newt Gingrich.

According to Glenn Beck, Barack Obama and Newt Gingrich are both progressives, therefore if you support one and not the other, it must be due to racism. Is that what Glenn Beck meant? Hear it and judge for yourself.



Breitbart is furious, says Glenn Beck has jumped the shark and is now "dead to me" after labeling Beck a coward, liar, and thief.

This is not what we need. Not at all. Can't we all just get along? Perhaps Beck will seek to clarify and backtrack a bit on his show. Let's make amends people. We need to work together. I'd like to have Sowell or Hayeck for president, but those people aren't running. Sowell to too old anyway.

Beck is wrong on this. Gingrich is no Obama, and ideology is far more blinding and operative here than race -- just as it's always been. I summed my thoughts on Newt on another blog:

I don't know if Newt is teaching us, or we are teaching him. Hopefully a little of each. I get the feeling from Newt that maybe, just maybe, he is not so entrenched that he is incapable of still learning and willing to evolve his positions for the better. I think he has the potential to rise to greatness. Whether he will only time will tell. It is potential Newt who I am pulling for.

You naysayers can trash Newt's "conservatism" all you want. You must convince us that Romney is better. Now THAT is an insurmountable task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to the hand...