Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Anti-Romney is Christened

Newt Gingrich is the anti-Romney. Those of us who have been waiting for the clear conservative alternative to rally behind now have our answer. Gingrich is the person chosen by the electorate and, according to South Carolina exit polling, the Tea Party choice. Let's get behind him. I would prefer a more perfect candidate, but none are available. I think we have done well. We could have done much worse (cough, McCain, cough). As Mitt Romney said, "I'm someone who is moderate, and my views are progressive." Newt Gingrich has shown forcefully on several occasions that he is ready and willing to articulate and pursue a strong conservative vision for America. I can support him and get excited about it, because Newt is an exciting candidate. Romney, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to the hand...